Website Privacy and Legal Information
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to and including 24 May 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 thereafter (GDPR) (together the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you visit our website or directly or indirectly contact one of our dealerships. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, request more information or a call back via our electronic communications, provide feedback and/or participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies. Social media information is collected using profiling analytics.
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you take a test drive or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about, or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access (including the pages of our website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect information about you in order to efficiently identify your requirements and, if you agree, to contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. We shall pass on your personal information to our manufacturer, [Honda Motor Europe UK] so that they may offer you more information on its products and services. In processing your sales order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts;
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us; and
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. The section below explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we will use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services as we have a legitimate interest and / or contractual obligation to you to do this.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a fixed penalty notice and / or court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
Service / MOT / Agreement / Guarantee / Warranty / Policy
If you wish to make an online MOT or Service booking via our website, over the telephone or via email we need to request your name, contact information and vehicle details in order for us to arrange the booking for you at your preferred dealership and confirm your booking to you via your preferred contact method.
If you have purchased a vehicle from us or you have previously had a service or MOT at one of our dealerships we will have securely stored your details including your service and MOT due date on our CRM system in order that we can send you an annual reminder, which we believe is in your legitimate interest and it is part of our duty of care, to ensure that you are fully informed of your vehicles service / MOT due dates. You can request to no longer receive these reminders at any time via our Marketing Preferences (please see below for more information). If you have purchased a vehicle from us and have taken out, or been given an agreement, warranty, guarantee or policy we feel that it is in your legitimate interest and part of our duty of care to notify you when these policy/ies are due to end. You can request to no longer receive these reminders at any time via our Marketing Preferences (please see below for more information).
Who do we share your personal information with?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to the manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass your personal information to third party finance and warranty providers for the purposes of them providing you with finance and warranty products. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- We will pass your personal information to third party providers of insurance and assistance products that we offer, if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us; or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties;
Third Party sites
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site. In addition, if you link to a website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours [and of the Manufacturer] which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. You can update your marketing preferences through our website (by clicking here) or by telephoning your HSH Motor Group dealership.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to approved third party providers of HSH Motor Company Limited who may contact you about related products and services on our behalf.
You can unsubscribe from electronic communications at any time, and this function is available in all our electronic communications. If you wish to be removed from all marketing communications (print and digital) from HSH Motor Group, please click here. Please note, unsubscribing to all marketing communications can take up to 14 working days to action.
Access to your information and correction
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below. You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at the following address: Data Protection Officer, HSH Motor Group, Bristol Honda, Lysander Road, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7UG.
How to Contact Us